Trees For Tomorrow is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOUSEKEEPING and FOOD SERVICE ASSISTANT - Now accepting applications!
Trees For Tomorrow is seeking a motivated member of our hospitality staff: a part-time Food Service and Housekeeping Assistant
Start date: Position open until filled
- Setting up and cleaning dorms
- Cleaning administrative offices and classrooms
- Preparing meals and beverages
- Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and/or snacks to guests
- Cleaning the dining and kitchen areas
- Other duties as assigned by Head of Housekeeping and Operations Manager.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to plan, cook and serve groups of 20-100 people
- Attention to detail
- Good health habits as required by state law
- Ability to work cooperatively with others but also be willing and able to work independently
- Willing to work early morning, afternoon, evening, and/or weekend hours
- Passing a background check
- High school diploma or GED
- Association with a well-established natural resources specialty school.
- Varied schedule.
- Participating in special events.
- Hours will vary throughout the year and may average 10-20 hours per week most weeks. Some weeks there will be no to minimal hours, while other weeks there may be 30+ hours.
Apply in person 8am-4pm at Trees For Tomorrow, 519 Sheridan Road East, Eagle River, WI 54521.
ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION INTERNS - Now accepting Applications!
Trees For Tomorrow Natural Resources Specialty School, located in Eagle River, Wisconsin, is searching for two highly motivated individuals interested in gaining experience teaching people of all ages about sustainability and proper management of natural resources.
TFT Internship Description 2016
2 positions: June 12 - August 18
- Willingness to learn and teach in the classroom and various outdoor settings.
- Positive attitude and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of ages and backgrounds.
- Current student in natural resources, biology, education, or related fields.
- Minimum First Aid/CPR certification through internship term. (Lifeguard certification a plus!)
- Willingness to work variety of shifts, including nights and weekends.
- Interest in having fun while sharing your knowledge with others!
- TFT staff willing to work with you to gain internship credits through your school.
- On-site living in a dorm with lounge and most meals served and provided by our food service staff.
- One-on-one training and professional development opportunities, at least 7 hours!
- Gain experience in effective hands-on teaching techniques from our professional staff.
- Valuable teaching experience under the direction of professional teaching staff.
- Opportunity to create and evaluate own lesson plan using Backwards Design and Inquiry-based learning techniques under the mentorship of a professional educator.
- Experience in animal care and handling.
- Networking opportunities with local resource professionals.
- Making new friends and lifelong memories while living in the Northwoods!
- References for future jobs!
Call 715-479-6456 for more information.